Thursday, March 12, 2009

just got pulled over by the police 10:27 pm March11, 2009

Getting pulled over by the police
For those of you that don’t know, I have never been pulled over by the police and given a ticket…ever. This streak was broken September of 2005 when a friend of mine was pulled over and I was asleep in the back seat. The police saw me and long story short, gave me a ticket for a “seat belt malfunction” in other words you the half of the seat belt that goes across your chest? Well I simply flipped it over behind so I could sleep more comfortably, little did I know, regardless of my comfort while sleeping in the car, the law says otherwise. So there you have it my fist ticket, yes I paid for it and its off my record, but still my first ticket.
As, time would pass I can still boast in God’s goodness and mercy that I have still yet o to be pulled over and given a ticket all at once.
Tonight I again was put in a similar situation. As I was driving home not too long ago I was but 100 feet from home and a policeman pulled me over. My heart beating a mile and minute, I didn’t know what to do so many things going through my mind: hands on the wheel at all times, refer to him/her as sir or ma’ m, turn off crappy radio, roll down window…ahhhh what do I do? Well with so much to do I ended up speeding on my way to Mexico!....j/k no (just throwing in some humor)
Well what ended up happening is I pulled over, turned off my poor excuse of a radio, put both hands on the wheel, turn off engine and back on to roll down window.
I turn to see a bright light in my face and voice saying “Brian, this is God it is time…” I like what? Really? (more humor)
The policeman asks me did was that you bumping you loud stereo? Immediately I thought no way, this is why he’s pulling me over? I am so innocent. Thank you Lord!
I casually say, “No sir, the red Honda civic that was next to me was, (really it was, I was next to him for at least a mile, I know it was him), but if you want I can turn on my radio and show you, as I reach for my radio knob, he stops me and apologizes and comments, I knew it! I knew it was the civic! I am sorry.
I say that it okay and attempt to start my car…and ya there’s more… my car won’t start and he’s still behind me. I am thinking aw man he’s going to think the cars stolen! Ah! Finally God allows my car to start and as funny as it was 100 ft later I am home, the policemen looks at me as I walk out of my car and only see that where he pulled me over was only a few yard from my home. I smile and thank the Lord.
Though God has taken away the fact that I have been given a ticket and now pulled over, I can still boast in my King’s sovereignty over my life and trials and blessings, I actually can still say that I have never been pulled over and given a ticket (all at once of course)
God continues to grant mercy and grace to me as I am out on the road 10:27 at night, things could have been worse, I could have gotten in an accident and not come home at all or even given a ticket for something else, but no God continues to teach me to trust Him in small tight situations like this and still find time to laugh and find the His humor in this situation like being pulled over so close to some (I should have ran home and hid under my bed hahaha)

All I can say is to God be the glory, great things he has done!

No comments: