Friday, May 8, 2009

White Lightning stikes once more!

sometimes we find ourselves caught in God's beauty that reality sometimes slips through our thoughts.

for some reason last Friday i felt that way, in a way i still feel that way. so focused on one thing that reality hasn't slapped me in the face yet. i just stood there looking at an empty parking space. Jaw was dropped, not by shock of my car being stolen, but of shock that i took it so well. i realize that was grace from God. rather than being quick to allow myself to be consumed by anger, i was just mellow and really focused on God. It was like He truly was (not trying, but) intentionally saying, "Hey! wake up! Brian do you love Me? it seems like you do, so you think about me? Sometimes it looks like it, do you purposely try to grow in our intimacy? hmmm, let's see!...

i find myself calmly calling my dad and letting him know. One my way to pick him up, i find myself reminiscing about different things about the whole situation: what i could have done to prevent it, how i should have done this or that, i even found myself thinking about what I'd do to the person responsible, but i then cut myself off quickly before these thoughts could cloud my judgment or what God was trying to teach me. I thought wow Satan works fast, already clouding my thoughts. i then put my focus back on God's goodness and mercy that only my car was taken and nothing drastic, like my mom or dad. i even prayed that who ever stole my car would come to the saving knowledge of Christ and be saved!

I then picked up my dad with my sisters car (which is not in current use) we then take care of all what we need to do (insurance and calling the cops) and i end up using another car (for work and church)that i originally wanted to use only to find out that its condition is much worse than my acura.

I reminded myself that this station wagon was my first choice, lots of space, awesome sound system, and an alarm system that actually works! But God reminded me that just because i wanted this car first, He (GOD) gave me the acura instead. and with owning that car, (now that i look back) has taught me so much responsibility. I thought Amen! God! Amen that i learned so much through this car, its taught me and gotten me to places that have helped me mature as a growing young man of God. Whether it be me going to school, work, or church, or even the bank or mechanic, that car drew me closer to God and and into the person God wanted me to be.

I then could realize that, it was a privilege to use that car. Yes it's a inconvenience and I'm stuck with my sister's car that has more problems than she does, and yes i lost some valuables in the trunk, and yes my finances will take a hit to now taking care of another car, but somehow, God open my eyes to see above all of those simple problems (whereas Alex was just like, " why are you so calm?!?! you just got jacked!?!).

even if i didn't have that wagon and i had to revert back to hitching rides (ah the good ole days...reminisce with me Emon), then so be it. WHAT GOD SAYS WILL BE DONE. and from then (last Friday) to now, that is still what i believe and in my heart. i thank God that my heart was set on him and not on anything else. this also shows me that He is still at work in my life too!

when i was 15 God took away my first car and didn't bless me with another one until i was 20, five years of hitching rides. (I PRAISE GOD WHEN I THINK OF THIS) where was i found those five years? actively serving HIM! faithfully going to school, to church, being apart of P&W, be at home with family, when i even started college i took the bus! (haha loved it)

now 21, God has taken my car once more. and with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength i can still say...TO GOD BE THE GLORY! that's all....

Colossians 3:2 comes to mind, now, Thursday morning at work, i get a call from my dad saying the (almost) impossible, that my car was found and unharmed.

i get i bittersweet feeling, but more of a feeling of relief and satisfaction in God. my new challenges with the wagon would have to wait, because apparently my service to GOD with my Acura is surely far from over, so here's to another "?"-amount of time i have left to glorify and honor God with my car...

3 comments:

helen said...

wow PRAISE GOD, flend!!! i love this post. you should blog more often!

Julian Leong said...

Praise God Praise God Praise God. Although you didn't tell me when it got stolen! That's okay, we're still friends. Man your test was quite a doozy...I'm happy you passed it!

Gen said...

praise God...